Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day #15 Be Teachable

"The ear that listens to life-giving reproof will dwell among the wise." Proverbs 15:31
"But he who listens to reproof gains intelligence." v.32
"The fear of the Lord is instruction in wisdom, and humility comes before honor." v. 33

I have been convicted lately that I am not very teachable.  This chapter in Proverbs was full of truths on listening to reproof or a rebuke.  Now I have trouble listening in general even when it is not a rebuke!  I need to continue to ask the Lord to make me teachable in the small things and even more when someone comes to me and points out sin.  I want to love reproof, rebuke, instruction and wisdom that others can give to me and not pridefully rely on what I already know or to think more highly of myself than I should.

No comments: