Saturday, January 29, 2011

Day #14-Finally:)

"(God) Who richly provides us with everything to enjoy.  They are to do good, to be rich in good works, to be generous and ready to share."  I Timothy 6:17-18

I love how Paul worded this to Timothy.  He is referring to rich people here but I think it is a good reminder to anyone.  First, God is so faithful to give us so much more than we deserve and then the whole idea of being rich in good works.  These both go together in my mind because God gives us so much more than we deserve and that causes us to want to glorify Him and through that we do good works and should want to do as much as we can to bring Him glory.  Well that was a very long sentence but that is how it all worked out in my brain.  I just love these phrases though-richly provides us with everything to enjoy and to be rich in good works.  A good reminder and a good goal.

I hope to be back at my morning time in the word.  Our painting is done, but I have no idea what SJ's new wake up time is.  She was waking up at 6:30 and 7:00 this week and then this morning she woke up at 8:30!  It was a blessing but I am a little confused.  We'll see what tomorrow brings but I hope to get up early and be blessed by God's perfect Word.

No comments: