Friday, January 14, 2011

Day #4-More and more

Well today was much harder to get my time in the Word.  It seems like when my schedule changes I get all thrown off.  Does that happen to anyone else?  Today is Andrew's day off which means its my grocery shopping day.  I am trying to buy for 2 weeks at a time so we'll see how that goes. 

Today I was reminded in reading I Thess. 4 that we are never done.  We have never finished loving others or trying to please God.  Paul tells the people in the church of the Thessalonians-Brothers, we ask and urge you in the Lord Jesus, that as you received from us how you ought to walk and to please God, just as you are doing, that you do so more and more.  Later he encourages them again to keep going-Now concerning brotherly love you have no need for anyone to write to you, for you yourselves have been taught by God to love one another, for that indeed is what you are doing to all the brothers throughout Macedonia.  But we urge you, brothers, to do this more and more.

It is good to be reminded that we are never finished, even if we are pleasing God in an area in our life we are to do it more and more.  Sanctification is a process and as long as we are here on this earth we will need to keep striving to please God in every area of our life more and more.

No comments: