Friday, January 21, 2011

Day #10 Acceptable and Wise Words

"The mouth of the righteous brings forth wisdom...the lips of the righteous know what is acceptable." Proverbs 10:31 & 32

I made it to day 10!  I am excited to know I am a third of the way through my 30 day challenge.  It feels like I have been doing this longer than 10 days-not sure if that is a good thing or bad thing:)  It is still enjoyable and I don't feel overwhelmed by reading 10 chapters a day.  We'll see how these next 20 days go!

I am always convicted about verses about words and what we say.  It can be so easy to sin through our speech, especially as a woman.  I would love to be described in this way-she speaks wisdom and knows what is acceptable to say.  This is so hard and takes self-control and patience.  Today I want to ask the Lord to help me to be slow to speak so I can really think before I say anything at all.  I also am reminded of the value of spending time in God's word.  I have to spend time in His word, growing in my knowledge of Him and asking Him to give me wisdom or else there's not going to be any wisdom coming from my mouth.  I also need to be in His word asking Him for discernment so I can rely on Him to show me what is acceptable and right in the things that I say.

No comments: