Thursday, January 20, 2011

Day #9-The Cost of Counsel

"So the men took some of their provisions, but did not ask counsel from the Lord." Joshua 9:14
As I was reading this story in Joshua about the Gibeonites deceiving Israel, I was thinking come on people why wouldn't you ask God first???  But then I was quickly reminded of how much I forget to ask God for His counsel, for wisdom and discernment in the decisions I am making everyday.  It is so easy to rely on myself (never a good decision) rather than spending time in His word and in prayer searching out counsel from the Lord.  I want to learn from the people of Israel and  from Joshua.  I want to learn from their mistake.  I want to be reminded to daily seek the Lord for direction and counsel and remember that I always need it!

No comments: