Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Day #8 Greatest Fear

"For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angles nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, no anything else in all creations, will be able to separate us form the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38-39

I am sure we have all been asked the question-what is your greatest fear?  I can think of a few different answers I have given in the past, but it struck me today with this passage that I have never thought about being separated from God's love as one of my greatest fears.  I am sure part of that reason is because I know it is not possible but the flip side of that is that this one truth, that I can not be separated from the love of God, should bring comfort in every situation.  This should be something that I cling on to in trials.  This should be something I tell myself when I am discouraged.  Things in this world easily come and go but God is unlike anything of this world.  His love for us can never be taken away.  This needs to be part of my everyday thoughts about God.  I know if it was it would change my outlook on everything.  So I am having a hard day, well who cares, God still loves me!  That may sound funny or very basic but it is the truth and something I need to tell myself over and over. 

No comments: