Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day #17 Chariots of Iron

"For you shall drive out the Canaanites, though they have chariots of iron, and though they are strong." Joshua 17:18

How would you feel about this command?  Yes, this land is yours but first drive out these people that are really strong and have chariots of iron-no thank you!!!  But the reality was this was the command that Joshua gave to the house of Joseph, Ephraim and Manasseh.  This seems like it should not be a big deal because they had been at war with many strong countries and the Lord allowed them to overtake all of them but still there had to be fear.

It reminds me of times in my life that what God wants me to do scares me or I become fearful.  I have no reason.  God has proven to be faithful, but yet I still fear.  I need to see God bigger than any "chariots of iron" in my own life and seek to follow Him and His will for me despite my fear.

So this week has again been challenging with being in the Word and getting up early but I am still trying!  It seems like because of our move my life is still not back to normal.  There are extra things to do in a day and I hope to not neglect the most important things due to this extra business.  I am also trying to give myself grace and know that some days I am just not going to get up early because I was up late working on something in the house or I am going to miss my time in the Word because of some unplanned events.  I know that each day is the Lord's and He will help me do what He has planned for me that day.  So I continue to build these disciplines in my life and look to Him for the strength because I know there is no way I can do it on my own!  

No comments: