Friday, November 16, 2012

This week

 Life with a 1 and 2 year old is challenging (isn't that the right way to say hard).  I am constantly on the go or on the ground playing with them to make them both happy.  I am trying to figure out what my boy needs because he is so different from his sister.  When SJ was Drew's age we noticed she did better in the day if we ran a little errand almost every day but with Drew he needs to be outside in the grass or mud with sticks in his mouth to help him get through the day.  It's amazing how different God made boys and girls.  I am thankful for the differences but this boy stuff is new to me so I have a lot to learn.  Most days it looks like this.  All of our shoes piled together after a walk or me taking them to the park for SJ to get out and run and for Drew to walk around and find every piece of trash in the park.  It wears me out and there is constantly something to do, someone to comfort (since one of them seems to be crying at all times) but at the end of the day, most days, I see that it is all worth it and just pray for strength to take on the next day. 

 Then there are times like this that are pure joy that remind me again this time is special and to not take it for granted.  I think Drew was happy in this picture.  SJ has a happy with a slightly evil smile on her face.  She thought it was funny to keep dumping water on Drew's head.  Sometime he thought it was fun other times he was not that into it.
Here's another thing that helps you get through a long day with 2 little ones-chocolate.  Any form of it helps you get that extra push you need. I highly recommend it:)

No comments: