Monday, June 25, 2012

Dad's Last Sunday and Retirement Reception

We were so blessed to be able to be with my parents on their last Sunday at First Baptist.  My dad has been there 17 years and served faithfully.  When we moved to Merced my sister, Angie, was a senior in high school and I was a sophomore.  Angie was a trooper spending her senior year at a new high school.  She left for The Master's College the next year and left me behind (at least that is how I viewed it at first) for another two years.  I learned a few months after she left that being the "only child" was not so bad and I rather liked having more one on one time with my parents.  I followed her to Master's a few years later.  We got to make some memories while we were at FBC but my parents have spent the majority of their ministry there as empty nesters.  Although we have not been personally attending FBC for several years we have been blessed again and again by the people there in so many ways.  We are so grateful for the people that have loved us, provided for us and accepted us as one of their own simply because they love my parents which means they love us too.  One of these dear friends took pictures of this special day for us that we will cherish forever. 
Sadie Jane-2 years old

Micah-3 years old

Drew-8 months old



I love this picture of them!


Uncle Larry and Dad-one of our friends surprised my parents and flew my Uncle Larry (my dad's best friend from college) out from Texas to be here with us.

Our special friend, Corky and my Mom

Isaiah-8 years old (I can't even believe he is that old and almost as tall as me!!!)

Emmie-7 years old


Our friends, the Costello's, drove up from Valencia to be here with us

If you would like to listen to the sermon from that day here is the link http://www.fbcmerced.com/#/messages.  Andrew and Dave (my brother-in-law) both preached.

1 comment:

Kyle, Steph, and Suzie said...

Love the pictures! I cant believe how beautiful all those kids are! Miss you friend:-)