Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Learning the World of 2 Kids

 Today we thought it would be fun to get out for a walk.  No big deal just load the kids up and run one quick errand and then head to some trails that are close by our house.  Well 45 minutes later with both crying children loaded into our car we realized that this is what everyone was trying to tell us about leaving the house will take twice as long now.  As we drove off both of the kids calmed down and there was silence.  Andrew turned to me and said, "Why don't we just go for a drive."  It was very tempting but we both knew that it would be better to get outside and let Sadie get some of her energy out.  It has been such a blessing to have Andrew home this week.  He has graciously allowed me to sleep in and I am trying to let him get some rest during the day as well.  This transition to 2 is crazy but it has been fun to just hang out as our new little family and take it all in.
One more thing-I was very skeptical of the Moby and when my mom was here we tried to figure it out together but gave up on step 2!  I think the length of this thing alone intimidated us.  I was about to return it to Target but Andrew said he wanted to give it a try.  I wasn't very optimistic but once again my husband amazed me by walking me through it and getting it right the first time.  I am still learning but I think it will be very helpful to put Drew in this as I help Sadie with things.

No comments: