Wednesday, June 1, 2011

In the Mood for Baking

All of this rainy weather has me in the mood for baking.  Some things have come out good and some not so good like the whole wheat banana bread I tried to make last week-gross!  So I went back to my favorite banana bread recipe that a sweet friend gave me and just added some wheat flour to make myself feel like it is somewhat healthy:)  This recipe is so good I had to pass it on!

Sour Cream Banana Walnut Muffins
Topping:
1/4 cup white sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon

3/4 cup butter
3 cups white sugar
3 eggs
6 very ripe bananas, mashed
1 (16 oz.) container sour cream (light is okay)
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. baking soda
4 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts (I never add the walnuts because we are not walnut fans)
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  In a small bowl, combine the 1/4 cup sugar and 1 tsp. cinnamon.  Set aside.

In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar.  Add eggs, bananas, sour cream, vanilla, and cinnamon.  Mix in salt, baking soda, and flour.  Stir in nuts.

Fill greased muffin cups with batter.  Sprinkle evenly with reserved cinnamon sugar mixture.  Bake 20-25 minutes.  Do not over bake.

Alternately, these can back in two 9x5 loaf pans for 1 hour-1 hour 15 minutes, or until tests done. 


Well I can't believe it is pouring rain and in the 60's in June but we might as well enjoy it while it lasts and bake some goodies while we can still turn on our ovens and not pass out!

No comments: