Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Fall has Arrived

 Nothing says fall like a good apple fritter.  I conquered my fear of frying things and made these apple fritters the other day.  A good apple fritter is my favorite donut and these home made ones are so worth making!  I think the day I made them it was 90 something degrees so it wasn't quite feeling like fall yet.
 This guy is more active than ever.  He is constantly falling on his head but it doesn't seem to stop him for long and he's off and happy again.  It already scares me to think of what he will do when he is older.  I am just going to take one day at a time with my little adventurous son.

 Here's my little fall project that was totally free!  I don't think I have ever been able to say that.  I always read those blogs were they make all this cute and creative stuff with just the things they had laying around their house.  Well that has never happened to me until now.  My mom gave me this pumpkin a while ago and I should have taken a real before picture.  It had 2 green hearts on it and big raffia bow.  It was from the country crafts era.  I took those hearts off and gave it a little sand job and then went to painting it.  I thought it would be fun to do a chevron pattern.  For those of you who know me well will be impressed because math is not one of my strengths but I was determined to figure out how to do this pattern and if it bombed, oh well, it was free!  But the project survived my mess ups and turned out fun.  I feel officially trendy now that I have something with a chevron pattern in my house:)

No comments: