Saturday, July 7, 2012

Proverbs 7

Bind them on your fingers; Write them on the tablet of your heart.       Proverbs 7:3

This is a good reminder to me that my goal in parenting goes beyond just obedient children.  I want them to know God's Word and address their heart not just their actions.  I love the imagery here-write what I teach you on the tablet of your heart.  

I also came across this quote from a book called, "Loving the Little Years."  It was such a good challenge for me as well.

"So while your children are little, cultivate an attitude of sacrifice.  Sacrifice your peace for their fun, your clean kitchen floor for their help cracking eggs, your quiet moment for their long retelling of a dream that a friend of theirs allegedly had.  Prioritize your children far and away above the other work you need to get done.  They are the only part of your work that really matters."

I pray that I can cultivate an attitude of sacrifice more and more each day!

No comments: