Monday, July 26, 2010

Making the Most of my Time

I am finding I spend a lot of time feeding Sadie Jane.  So far all I have been able to do during this time is watch TV because I have been so tired and not motivated at all.  I have been convicted that I need to make the most of this time.  So this morning I started and read an article Andrew printed up for me recently.  Here's the link http://www.9marks.org/ejournal/young-mother-ministry-guilt-and-seasons-life.  It is called, "For the Young Mother: Ministry, Guilt, and Seasons of Life." 

I would encourage all you young mommies to check it out.  This is my favorite section that I found very encouraging:
"Are you discouraged as you spend day after day immersed in the mundane tasks of mothering? Then think of the honor of guiding the spiritual and intellectual and social development of young minds and hearts. Think of the thrill of teaching them eternal truths from God’s Word. Think of the importance of teaching your young children how to live under authority, and of preparing them for future relationships by teaching them about love and trust. Think of the delight of sending one more godly, vibrant, strong, secure, loving young person into this needy world with the courage to live well for Christ’s sake. What a worthy investment!"

Now I have to go try to comfort my crying baby for the 5th time this nap.  I will never understand why babies fight sleep and adults love sleep!

No comments: