Thursday, July 24, 2008

2 Chronicles Surprises

This week I have changed my Bible study time to start reading through the Bible in a year. I know, great time to start in July, but I figured out a way to make it work. The funniest thing is I have been most encouraged by my time in 2 Chronicles! I have been amazed at how clear it has been through the lives of these kings that if they followed God, He blessed them, and if they didn't He disciplined them. There have been many encouraging verses these last couple of days but today I have been trying to meditate on this one.

"For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to give strong support to those whose heart is blameless toward Him." 2 Chronicles 16:9

God is eager to help us and support us. That is so amazing to me! While I try to do things on my own and fail He is there looking for who He can strengthen.
I hope this will remind me to look to Him and live a life He will want to support so I can be more effective for Him.


No comments: